Motor Vehicle Claims


Report ALL motor vehicle accidents, regardless of dollar amount, to the Risk Services, (541) 737-7350 IMMEDIATELY.

Motor Vehicle Claims are subject to a $5,000 deductible; departments or units are responsible for the $5,000 deductible.

How to report a claim

  • Complete the Auto Accident Report Form when the incident involves a university-owned, Motor Pool, state, rental, courtesy, or personal (driven on university business) vehicle and submit the completed form to Risk Services.
  • When a university vehicle is damaged by another party (third party) who is at fault for the accident, Risk Services will file a claim with the third party’s insurance company.
  • If the loss is due to a hit-and-run, theft, break-in, or vandalism, these incidents are criminal and need to be reported to law enforcement immediately.  If the incident occurred on university property, contact the Department of Public Safety, otherwise contact local law enforcement.
  • In Oregon, if the damages are greater than $2,500 and/or involve injury of any kind, you are required by law to report the accident to the Department of Motor Vehicles within 72 hours on an Oregon Traffic Accident and Insurance Report form (included in the Accident Report Packet located in university vehicles). You must forward a copy of this report to Risk Services.  Risk Services highly recommends completing this form regardless of the estimated dollar loss.

Third Party with Vehicle Damage

  • Third parties who incur vehicle damage or injury at the fault of University drivers must contact Risk Services to initiate the claims process.

Phone:  (541) 737-7350

Fax:  (541) 737-4810

Email: risk@oregonstate.edu

Mailing Address:  3015 SW Western Blvd Corvallis, OR 97333

Accident Report Packet

If you need an Accident Report Packet for your University-owned vehicle, you may contact (541) 737-7350 or you may print the documents to place into the Accident Report Packet envelope, which should be kept in the glove box of the vehicle (ONID required).