Required Claims Procedure

ANY loss or incident must immediately be reported to the University  Office of Risk Management,
(541) 737-7350.
Examples of a loss or incident include (but are not limited to):

  • Vehicle accidents (university-owned, Motor Pool, State, rental vehicles, third-party or personal vehicles used for business travel)
  • Building or property damage due to accidents, fire, broken pipes, vandalism, or weather
  • Missing or damaged property due to theft
  • Damage to the property of others
  • Damage or loss of over-the-side (Marine)
  • Injuries to visitors or volunteers
  • Injuries to Faculty/Staff/Student Workers (Worker's Compensation)

Risk Management works with departments and third parties regarding claims to evaluate and determine the potential for recovery and intitiate the claims process.

Property Claims: A loss to university property
Vehicle Claims: A loss to a university, Motor Pool, state, rental, or third-party vehicle
General Liability Claims: A loss associated with a breach of a legal duty (also known as tort claims)
Worker's Compensation Claims: An injury to Faculty/Staff/Student Worker - OSU Employees
Volunteer Claims: An injury to a registered university volunteer