Alcohol Service Registration
Alcohol service at all University events/activities and University properties is governed by OSU Standard 576-060 and MUST be registered with OSU Risk Management 21 days prior to your event.
Please note the following as you plan your event:
- State funds CANNOT be used to purchase alcohol.
- Alcohol service is NOT permitted, NOR will it be approved, during business hours.
- Alcohol consumption is outside the scope of OSU employment or duties and shall be limited to after work hours and after OSU duties have actually ended.
Guidelines for Alcohol Service on OSU Controlled Property
All service of alcohol must be registered through the Risk Management and subject to the following guidelines:
- Alcoholic beverages are limited to beer and wine.
- Request must be submitted via the online web registration form at least 21 days prior to the event.
- An insured licensed vendor must serve the alcoholic beverages. The licensed vendor must have a current Certificate of Insurance on file that includes liquor liability.
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages must be provided at any event where alcohol is served.
Guidelines for Alcohol at Parking Lots
Tailgating is only allowed prior to scheduled varsity football games. Individuals wishing to picnic ("tailgate") prior to scheduled OSU varsity football games are subject to the following guidelines:
- No kegs or other bulk dispensing of alcohol is permitted unless served by an insured licensed vendor.
- Any organized group of 25 or more people must register the event and have the alcohol served by an insured licensed vendor.
- Those events which require a licensed vendor may not be served after the close of half-time of the football game.
- No alcoholic beverages, metal or glass containers, are permitted inside Reser Stadium except in designated areas such as the Skyboxes, Loge, and Club.
Guidelines for Alcohol Use by Students, Student Organizations and Living Groups
Please contact the Office of Student Conduct for additional information.